Friday, July 11, 2014

"It's a String Thing" #48

String 046 with Pippin, Purk, and Printemps
I totally had a plan in mind when I started this tile; almost none of my original plan ended up in the piece.  I started with Pippin in each of the two loops.  Then it all took off on its own.  A few more Pippin.  A single, straight line of Purk.  And many small Printemps.  I love the way it turned out.  I think it has kind of a Moroccan feel to it (which I could never do on purpose, only accidentally).
 
On a side note, I just couldn't make myself use Prestwood (another pattern suggested for this challenge).  I had a hysterectomy last week and every time I look at Prestwood I see a bunch of uteruses squished up next to each other.  I'm pretty sure that pattern is ruined for me forever, which is sad because it's a nice pattern.  I guess timing really is everything.

No comments: